We are currently open.
Extended Hours Appointments
Mill Street Medical Centre will be offering the following appointments on a weekly basis for Mill Street patients:
- Monday: 18:30 – 19:00 (patients will be seen at Mill Street)
- Tuesday: 20:45 – 21.15 (patients will be seen at Mill Street)
- Wednesday: 19.45 – 20.30 (patients will be seen at Mill Street)
- Thursday: 20:30 – 20:45 (patients will be seen at Mill Street)
- Saturday: 09:00 – 09:30 (patients will be seen at The Spinney Medical Centre)
- Saturday: 15:15 – 15:45 (patients will be seen at the Bowery Medical Centre)
- Sunday: 16.45 – 17.45 (patients will be seen at the Bowery Medical Centre)
The appointments will be held at the following venues:-
- Mill Street Medical Centre Monday to Thursday (2 Mill Street, St Helens, WA10 2BD)
- The Spinney Medical Centre Saturday (Whittle Street, Thatto Heath, St Helens, WA10 3EB)
- The Bowery Medical Centre on Saturday and Sundays (Elephant Lane, Thatto Heath, WA9 5PR)
- (Some appointments may be available on a Friday at Rainhill Village Surgery if there is capacity)
- Rainhill Village Surgery (529 Warrington Road, Rainhill, L35 4LP)
The service is being delivered by St Helens Rota.
Between 08.30-18.30 (Mon – Fri) you can contact the surgery for an appointment on this service or alternatively ring Rota directly on 01744 673 815 who can book an appointment for you.
New Out of Hours Service
Patients at this practice, who require medical advice Out of Hours will speak to NHS 111 for initial help and advice. Patients who need to be seen by a Clinician will still be given an appointment or home visit if they are housebound. The service will still have the ability to issue urgent prescriptions, book into appointments at the St Helens Urgent Treatment Centre, offer GP extended access appointment at one of three hubs in the borough along with the ability to link patients into other appropriate services.
This change is due to contractual changes in the way your Practice provides Out of Hours and, in keeping with the national direction of travel to implement NHS 111. NHS St Helens CCG has commissioned Primary Care 24 (PC24) on behalf of your Practice to deliver Out of Hours services. You will continue to receive a safe, high-quality Service.
If you need medical advice outside of normal surgery opening hours you can still call the Practice number for information on how to access the Out of Hours Service or you can contact NHS 111 directly. You can phone 111, 365 days a year, to reach a full range of local health services, including out of hours doctors, community nurses, emergency dental care and late night opening chemists. Calls from landlines and mobile phones are free.
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.