Pre-booked appointment Flu clinics at The Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens
In these unprecedented times of Covid-19 and the national requirements regarding social distancing, for both patient and staff safety, Mill Street Medical Centre is delivering some of our flu clinics this year at the Totally Wicked Stadium in St Helens for eligible patients.
Getting your annual flu vaccination this year is even more important than ever, both for your safety and your family’s safety, but also to help protect the NHS, should we get a second Covid19 infection spike this autumn and winter.
Children under the age of 16, care home residents and housebound patients will be contacted separately and are not suitable for the clinic at the Stadium.
How do I get an appointment for the flu clinic?
- You will receive notification from your practice that the flu clinics are open for booking.
- You can then contact the practice to book an appointment time.
- If you would like your vaccination at the same time as other family members also registered at the practice, who are eligible for a flu vaccination, please book this at the same time, to allow for appropriate social distancing arrangements at the venue.
f you have any symptoms of covid-19 infection, such as a new cough, a temperature of 37.8c or above, or loss of smell, or you or a family member is self isolating, you must not attend the flu appointment. Please contact your pracice to discuss rearranging your appointment and that of any household members.
What will happen on the day?
- It is important that you attend the Stadium at the time slot that you have prearranged with the practice with all family members you have booked in for that time slot. Attending early or late increases the risk of traffic congestion on local roads and may also make social-distancing more difficult.
- You will be greeted by a marshall. Please follow their instructions carefully.
- Please wear a short sleeved top or shirt.
- You need to bring with you and wear a face covering inside the flu clinic and during the vaccination.
- A marshall will direct you to the holding car park on arrival. This is to ensure both road safety and social distancing measures that need to be in place at the venue.
- Please observe social distancing measures and wear a face covering.
- Please wear a face covering when approached for vaccination.
- The vaccine will be given to you by an appropriately qualified and trained clinician, following national guidance.
What you need to do now
- Please contact the practice to arrange your appointment slot. Inform the receptionist of your age when booking your appointment.
- If family members, from the same practice, are all attending please book an appointment for each member of your family.
- Make sure each person is eligible for the flu vaccination.
- Remember to bring a face covering with you and wear a short sleeved top or shirt.
Thank you for your co-operation with this service. These are in unprecedented times and your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
The doctors and staff at Mill Street Medical Centre